WHAT DOES AN AGENT ACTUALLY DO?
So, what is an agent? What does an agent do? Why do they exist and thrive? What’s the difference between a manager and an agent?
This workshop will explain the workings of this unique, behind-the-scenes role from a very public facing industry. It is a chance to pick the brains of one of London’s top talent managers and find out both who and what you need to know to be successful as a creative.
Course length: 1.5 hours
Yourself and a device with a microphone and camera. Please note, this is an interactive group session and so every participant is required to have their camera on. The workshop will be recorded.
This course if for anyone interested in the workings of an agent and what happens behind-the-scenes. In particular, those seeking a wider knowledge of how this function fits into the multitude of other parts of the entertainment business.
- The background and history of an agent
- A complete breakdown of what an agent does
- An understanding of the specific types of agents
- A look at the specific types of deals
- Explore the difference between a manager and an agent
- Investigate talent and the relationship with an agent
- A look at cover letters, the do’s and don’t’s of seeking representation and how social media is important
- You will run through some meeting techniques and there will be time for a Q&A moderated by Charlie Brooks
HOW DOES IT WORK?
This workshop is delivered fully online, via our zoom intergration.
Once you have purchased the course, you will be able to access the course page with the link to the live zoom session.